Ya know…when I think back fondly of my college years and the exorbitant amount of time I wasted discovering and perusing the as then emerging technological wonders of the world wide wide web, I find myself shockingly nostalgic for the crappy flash animation videos that I so thoroughly enjoyed while sitting around my freshman dorm room while not doing homework, going to class, or performing any form of educational or meaningful task whatsoever.
Accordingly, here are the top five Flash animation websites and or interactive comics that for the life of me I cannot remember what I thought was so damn amusing about in the year 2001.
5. Mr. Wong: Enter the reverse racist misgivings and shenanigans of a blatantly stereotyped chinese man servant, add some Bing Crosby and a dickload of Marijuana, and you’ve got an inside joke that lots of full grown adults now pretend they never got a kick out of.
4. Officer Krupt: Twisted and inappropriate take Take on Police Satire? or an Early Precursor to Grand Theft Auto/Max Payne? You be the Judge
3. The Lost Adventures Of Bill And Ted: This one cracked me up, you didn’t even need to be political to laugh your collegiate balls off at this one…still funny to this day…and even kind of poignant.
2. Charlie The Unicorn: Admittedly, Charlie the Unicorn was from mid to late 2006…but I was still in college at the time…so it counts…and it’s too hilarious and obnoxious not to include here.
1. Jake’s Booty Call: Many a late 20 something stoner has plenty of fond memories of this interactive flash adventure involving a characteristic anti-hero as you help him in his quest for never ending cocaine and poontang. Completely tasteless, juvenile, obscene and downright outrageous…everything a great early 21st century flash comic should be. Unfortunately the only video I could find to include in this post was a clip from the markedly inferior and less funny Motion Picture Version of the classic comic. But, as a consolation I did manage to find this link to all 33 original episodes…enjoy your trip down memory lane…before you boss catches you watching this crap.